Cure congestion when you have a cold with 6 simple ways
Unpleasant stuffy noses always rage us when it is getting cold or in the cold. You have tried many ways but congestion still haunts you do not let go, please refer to 6 ways that VN Cooking tells you below.
1. Use apple cider vinegar mixed with honey
- Honey combined with apple cider vinegar has a very effective therapeutic effect that helps fight bacteria that cause our respiratory problems such as stuffy nose, rhinitis, red nose, etc.This mixture helps for nasal passage, preventing rhinitis. You will feel more comfortable applying them
- You put 2 teaspoons of honey and 10ml of apple cider vinegar in a warm water, then stir until the mixture dissolves. Drink on an empty stomach, should be taken daily for the best effect and good health.
2. Hot towels
- If you are in the early stages of a stuffy nose, a warm towel will help you a lot. Put a warm towel on both sides of the ear for 10-15 minutes to push the stuffy nose away from you, helping the nose clear and comfortable.
- Because there are many nerves in the ears, which regulate blood in the nose, when it is hot, blood vessels will dilate to circulate blood, limiting nasal congestion.
- When applying a hot towel, you need to breathe regularly, gently and relax to make your body comfortable and comfortable, helping the process go better. Remember the temperature of the towel too.
3. Garlic and turmeric - pairs of cards
- Garlic is a spice that contains extremely good antibacterial and anti-inflammatory activities. When combined with turmeric will bring the effect of maximum congestion.
- Ingredients to prepare to make turmeric juice include 3 cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 250 ml of water. First, boil the water until boiling, add minced garlic, turmeric powder and stir, turn down the heat, to about 2 minutes, then turn off the heat. Filter the residue, get water and drink.
- Drink 1/2 cup a day continuously for 3 to 4 days to completely stop a stuffy nose.
4. Use fresh ginger
- Ginger is always the first choice in the treatment of respiratory diseases, colds. And this is a natural remedy to help you eliminate nasal congestion thoroughly, most effectively there. In ginger, there are spicy essences and gingerol compound with decongestant effect, repelling inflammatory bacteria, cleansing mucus in the nose, strengthening immune function and destroying pathogens.
- When the nose starts to feel sensitive, you need to immediately drink 1 glass of fresh ginger water. Choose ginger root intact, pale yellow, fresh tubers, not dry, wrinkled skin because those are old for so long. Ginger peeled, sliced or finely crushed then put in a pot of water, boil for 10 minutes, can filter the residue or remain and drink it. Add some honey, a few slices of lemon to make it easy to drink. Only one drink of water should be taken once a week, because it is enough to eliminate nasal congestion.
5. Use basil leaves
- Basil is a fragrant leafy vegetable, often eaten raw or included in dishes or seasonings. But especially, basil also works to treat congestion effectively thanks to anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and help us feel more comfortable. Basil leaves help mucus in the nose, reduce phlegm, reduce bronchitis, and restore oxygen circulation.
- Add 6 basil leaves to 250ml of boiling water, soak for 10 to 15 minutes, filter and drink water. Should be used 3 times / 1 day for best results.
6. Wet your nose with eucalyptus leaves
- Eucalyptus leaves contain antihistamine - anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory agent, so when using eucalyptus leaves to inhale the nose, you will help immediately relieve congestion and not breathe, and clean the airways and eliminate them. mucus in the nose.
- To make nasal water, use 6 washed eucalyptus leaves, put in a pot of water until boiling, then turn off the heat. Take a large towel or blanket, cover the whole body and pot of eucalyptus leaves, then place the nose close to the pot to steam the essence of the leaves to slowly inhale. If you do not tolerate at first, you can move a bit away then gradually close. Remember to fully cover the person and do not allow outside air to enter because it will evaporate.
- Do this every night before going to bed for maximum effectiveness.
A few things to keep in mind when you have a stuffy nose
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially warm water to avoid dehydration as well as limit fluid in the nose. Can be replaced by fruit juices or hot tea are okay.
- Do not use sugary foods, carbohydrates because they will make your nose stuff worse. It is best to eat plenty of vegetables, whole grains and fish.
- Stay away from substances that cause harm to the nose such as cigarette smoke, alcohol because they will make you more uncomfortable.
- Regularly wash grap sheets, blankets, pillowcases to reduce the amount of dust and bacteria getting into the nose. This is also one of the causes of stuffy nose. Also, do not put too many books and teddy bears in the room, as these two extremely stimulate dust development.
- When sleeping, you should lie on a pillow higher than normal, put your neck at an angle of 15 degrees to the bed to create comfort for the nose.
When a stuffy nose is raging, immediately apply these very simple ways to get rid of a stuffy nose to quickly get rid of the disease.